Bottles

Can old bottles with twist off tops be capped? Or will they seal correctly?

negative. Recycle them or use for target practice.

I second the don’t use them answer

DO NOT USE THEM… they won’t seal well enough, and can lead to an infection…

You may check with your local watering hole and see if they will save a couple dozen pry-offs for you.

Target practice or Molotov cocktails.

[quote=“DrGonzo”]DO NOT USE THEM… they won’t seal well enough, and can lead to an infection…

You may check with your local watering hole and see if they will save a couple dozen pry-offs for you.[/quote]

Does your city recycle? There’s curbside recycling where I live and I always have enough bottles.

They’re a real crap shoot. I’ve had a few sneak into my stock. Some sealed perfectly fine. Others the necks snapped off and some the the ones that did seal the threads broke off into the beer when I uncapped them…

10-4

another idea for bottles is craigslist.

it is hit or miss, a bit of a lottery, but every once in awhile you might find someone selling extras they have accumulated or even better giving them away.

when I first started I seached craigslist about every other day or so, only takes 15 seconds. about a month or so into it someone posted he is moving and doesn’t want to haul tons of bottles to new location and was giving them away. Wasn’t a lot but I did get like 3-4 cases for free.

well not 100% free - I brought him over a 6 pack of a good craft beer as a thank you anyways. but you get my point. it is at least worth a quick search in your area