Bottle conditioning

I’m new to home brewing, I’m on my 4th batch. For my next batch I was planning on bottling using 16 oz EZ Cap bottles cuz I got a bunch of used, cleaned ones. I have new gaskets but was warned by another brewer that bottle conditioning using this style of bottle isn’t a good idea as they don’t seal as well and the CO2 leaks out. Any advice on this would be appreciated because I feel ruining a batch of beer from stupidity should be delt with harshly!! Beer is good!

You’ll hear mixed results on here. Some people say go for it, other’s say they leak. IME as long as you use new gaskets with each batch you’ll be fine as long as you’re not planning on aging for more than a couple of months. I do like those types of bottles though, they make nice gifts.

Do it. I’ve been using some 1 liter swing tops for three years with the same caps. No leaks. I believe if they were prone to leaking commercial brewers would not be using the style.

I also have a question about conditioning and I figured it would be better to ask in an existing topic than create a whole new one.

I am also relatively new to brewing, I’ve done about 4 batches so far. The very first one I did turned out really good. The ones I have done since then haven’t turned out so well. I’ve done the White House honey Ale and 2 Dead Ringer IPAs and none of them have conditioned properly. I don’t know what I’ve been doing wrong. The first brew I did (Chinook) turned out pretty good with the priming sugar.

I have tried the tablets and I messed those up by trying to dilute them in boiling water first. After awhile they still turned out alright. For the last 2 I have used priming sugar again and I never seem to get carbonation anymore. Can anyone give me some pointers on what might be causing this? I don’t enjoy drinking flat beer and I don’t want to pour beer down the drain, that’s just wrong.

[quote=“BeerisgoodforMe”]I also have a question about conditioning and I figured it would be better to ask in an existing topic than create a whole new one.

I am also relatively new to brewing, I’ve done about 4 batches so far. The very first one I did turned out really good. The ones I have done since then haven’t turned out so well. I’ve done the White House honey Ale and 2 Dead Ringer IPAs and none of them have conditioned properly. I don’t know what I’ve been doing wrong. The first brew I did (Chinook) turned out pretty good with the priming sugar.

I have tried the tablets and I messed those up by trying to dilute them in boiling water first. After awhile they still turned out alright. For the last 2 I have used priming sugar again and I never seem to get carbonation anymore. Can anyone give me some pointers on what might be causing this? I don’t enjoy drinking flat beer and I don’t want to pour beer down the drain, that’s just wrong.[/quote]

Your questions deserve their own topic. Create a new topic and erase this one.