Bottle at primary ferm temp or current temp?

I hear people say calculate priming sugar ammounts using primary ferm temp others say use the temp the beer currently is…which one is it?..My beer’s primary temp was 68F-70F…the current temp is 30*F I need 4 volumes of Co2 and i would hate to have grenades due to being misinformed…thank you

4 vols of CO2 is A LOT! I have been told the temp should be entered in as the warmest the beer got during fermentation. So yours would be 70F.

Be careful and hopefully you have some sturdy bottles!

[quote=“GeerBoggles”]4 vols of CO2 is A LOT! I have been told the temp should be entered in as the warmest the beer got during fermentation. So yours would be 70F.

Be careful and hopefully you have some sturdy bottles![/quote]

Its a duvel clone and i read in blam that duvel has 4.25 volumes so i want to get as close as possible…Im using 750ml and 375ml belgian bottles and duvel stubby bottles which i believe are made to handle high pressure i hope…So i should go with 70F?

Yes, go with 70F. The reasoning is that once primary fermentation is complete, the yeast will not be producing any CO2 and whatever amount is in the beer at 70F is not going to increase as the beer cools. If you use the colder, current temp, the calculator assumes that the yeast is still producing CO2 at that temp and that the beer thus contains more CO2 than it actually does. Until I figured this out, ales that I cold-crashed before bottling were always a little under-carbed.