Blackberry Infused Mead

First topic for me on this forum. I make various Meads, always, experimenting with the ingredients. So far, not a dud in the collection. My next encounter will be my standard Mead concoction, but I plan to add blackberries. I have about 1/2 liter of blackberry concentrate, I got in a kit of Blackberry Merlot. Of course blackberries season is long gone, and to buy frozen product is impossible. So, my questions are, 1./ How much should I add (to 5 gal. batches)? 2./ I wonder if a good quality blackberry jelly would work in conjunction with the syrup I have? I have been adding 12 lbs. of natural honey to my 5 gallon batches.

1)Welcome to the forum.
2)You might try posting these questions in the “Mead” or “Wine” section.
3)Having made some meads, is this 1/2 liter of concentrate what is left from the Merlot recipe, and you used some of it?
Or you chose not to use any of it, and 1/2 liter is what came w/ it?
I ask because concentrates vary. I’ve used peach concentrate in a mead that was about 1/3 liter and it did the trick.
I guess I’m trying to determine just how strong the concentrate is.

Thanks for your input. I used 1/2 of the pouch. The wine kit company told me, after the first batch was much too sweet, not to follow the directions, and to use 1/2 during fermentation. The concentrate is about the thickness of corn syrup, so I assume, fairly potent. And, I must say, it turned out superb.
Although honey comes to me very reasonably, as I import it to Canada from Central Wa. state, I would like to get info. It’s not the honey, it’s the time I might take fiddling around. The wife has me restricted to 2 batches of whatever I am doing. I use my office as headquaters for all my diddling around. I will re-write my question under wine-mead etc. Thanks again.