Best Setup with a 2k budget

Yeah, the grout lines like to absorb stuff… And the epoxy grout is real PITA… Sneezles61

Wondering where this went. @EGBIII never kept us involved. Hey @sneezles61 after you mentioned the epoxy grout I tried it doing my kitchen floor. The trick is one person grouts another person doing the wiping. That stuff is solid. I used 3’ plank. Now that’s a pita kind of why I wanted to use the epoxy that and the stain resistance. Anyway just tweaking this post

1 Like

Yeah, epoxy grout is a SOB to work with… lotsa elbow grease… Do the cove base too? Way more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Sneezles61

No I used the premixed stir it and go. Expensive $50 for about 1gal. I think I used about 5 buckets for 180sq/ft. Yes the trick is one or two people following to wipe. Don’t let it dry before getting it wiped up. Once it bonds its not coming up or cracking. Tile guys hate it. But the good thing is no sealing required. I’d hate to have to take it up

Its a water based copolymer, It sticks to everything… worst than a booger… I haven’t had the pleasure to demo any… and if I do… there are younger whipper snappers that need the experience… :older_man: Sneezles61

Everyone I apologize for my absence, life took hold of me but I am back! The brew room is very close to completion. A few photos to get everyone up to speed.

Went with an epoxy flooring, it is wonderful, left ceiling open and painted flat black, put a completely 100% water proof flooring for the coating along the back wall, also added a pot filler above system which I love.

4 Likes

Nice setup. But 9 effing months? I feel slighted. Not really. We all have some personal time, maybe that’s a good thing

Hahaha, I know!!! I apologize, this weekend going to do my first test batch! Cannot wait.

1 Like

That looks awesome! Keep us posted how the first batch goes!

:beers:
Rad

I’m drooling…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Gorgeous

Yup…ditto to all the above. :star_struck:

Thanks everyone, one question I have is a recommendation for an exhaust hood.

One that works!!! Look on line for a stainless steel kitchen hood… Simple is best…
Sneezles61

A real nice mill. Me happy did buy it.

Nice set up. Awesome

Very nice.

That is a home brew drool set up for sure, I can picture that in an upcoming BYO mag. Very well done!

3 Likes

Hey Everyone the 99% finished product is here, thank you for all your help with this it is a dream come true!!!

8 Likes

Sweet