Best adhesive for mounting wood panels to a keezer

Hi all,

I’m stumped on what adhesive will let me mount unfinished veneered plywood to my keezer. I think silicone adhesives are out because they have too much flex. I’ve searched around the forum and found lots of advice for collar mounting adhesive, but not as much for panels.

Thanks in advance…

Cheers.

I would think a thin layer of liquid glue or maybe a spry adhesive would work.

How much are you planing on covering? I believe that covering the whole outside may have a negative affect on the lifespan of the freezer. If the sides get warm when it’s running, you will be insulating that heat to the freezer.

Front and sides. Rear is going to be left open.

Good call on heat dissipation. I’ll futz around with it while running and see if the keezer is dumping heat via the front or side panels.

Cheers.

I used clear Power Grab by Loctite. It’s sold at the Depot. It is made for adhering porous to non-porous surfaces. It sets after 24hrs. It has worked well for me so far.

“Liquid Nails” will bond anything.

Construction grade.

Hope you never want to remove it cleanly. 8)

[quote=“Duder”]“Liquid Nails” will bond anything.

Construction grade.

Hope you never want to remove it cleanly. 8) [/quote]

That’s what I meant to type. :oops:

I agree with the liquid nails suggestion. As you are using plywood vice solid boards you may want to consider sealing the cut (glue) side with a coat or two of lacquer. The cut ends may have extensive end grain which will absorb your glue leaving little on the glue surface.

Sorry coffee had not kicked in. Change lacquer to a 50/50 mix of woodglue i.e. titebond & water…