Belgian Quad - How many Prime Dose capsules?

I’ve a boozey Quad that has been aging in secondary for over a year. It’s approximately 12% abv. How many Prime Dose capsules do you recommend for a 750 ml bottle? Also, would bottle conditioning be required after its been in secondary this long?

After investing a year in this, I don’t think I’d risk the Prime Dose capsules. I believe I would calculate a proper dose of either table sugar or corn sugar for each bottle, and add it along with a few granules of an appropriate yeast, then let it bottle condition for a few more weeks at 70 degrees or so.

After investing a year in this, I don’t think I’d risk the Prime Dose capsules. I believe I would calculate a proper dose of either table sugar or corn sugar for each bottle, and add it along with a few granules of an appropriate yeast, then let it bottle condition for a few more weeks at 70 degrees or so.[/quote]
+1

+2

If you are stuck on using them a 750ml bottle is approximately 25oz. They recommend 6 capsules for “higher carbonation” in a 22oz bomber. Think I would go with 6.

I assume all they they are is pre-measured sugar in a pill. For batches you keg most of and want a few bottled they seem like an easy solution to me. I have used the old prime tabs in the past and they worked ok.