Beersmith 2.0

Does anyone out there uses this program. Thoughts :slight_smile:

V

I do use this regularly, was there something specific you wanted more info about??

Yup I use it too. Upgraded to this from Promash.

Is it worth the $. How user friendly is it.

Although i’m not very computer “savvy”, i love Beersmith 2 for it’s ease of use & variety of applications. I’ve been creating my own recipes & converting others. Also great for scaling. I’m still learning more as i play with it, but so far it’s been invaluable for me. Definitely worth the coin. You won’t be dissapointed! :slight_smile:

I agree, easy to use and worth the money.

+1

I’ve found it very easy to learn and consider it to be one of the best investments I’ve made in the hobby so far. Now that I’ve dialed in my equipment and efficiency, I’ve been happy to see that I can typically calculate to within a point or two of my target gravity. Granted, it’s only one tool in the brewer’s toolbox, but I would suggest that it’s well worth the money.

I’m sure there is a trial period that you can put it through the ropes during. Like so many other things, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Its a great tool, I wouldn’t want to brew without it (or at least something like it). It makes designing recipe’s way easier, give you a place to track what you’ve brewed and how you liked it. Being able to look up everything of done and how it turned out for the past several years is pretty neat. I’ve also more recently gotten in the habit of actually having my laptop with me to keep track of what I’m doing during the actual brew session.

With promash no longer being actively developed, seems like beersmith is the obvious choice if you want full featured brewing software. Obviously you don’t NEED software to brew, but its not that expensive and well worth it IMO.

Sorry, I totally disagree. I did not find it intuitive or worth the asking price. Check out BrewToad.com

I like Beersmith. Never tried anything else to compare it to. Does more than I really need it to do. Use it for every beer I make. It is not perfect, but it is easy to work with. As long as you already know what you are doing it can be very helpfull.

I don’t remember it being that expensive, so I don’t know how it would not be worth the money.

i would use www.brewgr.com or www.brewology101.com (highly recommended and it’s free) before Brewtoad. Brewtoad is a mess. Killed any positives that hopville had.

That being said, I use Beersmith 2.0 and love it. I probably only utilize about 30% ofwhat the program is designed to do.

Add me to the Beersmith fanboy column. If you’re so inclined, Android and iOS apps are also available to extend the portability of your Beersmith desktop app.

+1
The app works great on brew day, and it has never crashed on me. Desktop program is very easy to work with and keeps me organized.

i would use http://www.brewgr.com or http://www.brewology101.com (highly recommended and it’s free) before Brewtoad. Brewtoad is a mess. Killed any positives that hopville had.

That being said, I use Beersmith 2.0 and love it. I probably only utilize about 30% ofwhat the program is designed to do.[/quote]

Why don’t you like Brew Toad? I found it pretty easy to use, has a nicer interface too.

I’d suggest the OP take advantage of the 21 day free trial and judge for himself.

For me Beersmith works great. I’ve been a user for at least 7 years. If you’re a new brewer some of the features might seem overwhelming, however as you progress you’ll come to see the utility it has to offer. I don’t use all the features it has, things like water volume, strike water temperature, etc. I can scratch that out on paper about as fast as I can populate the fields, I mainly use it for a recipe formulator and archive. Money well spent for me.

That said the online tools are another option, however they can go away, as in the case of Hopville.com, or they may begin to start charging monthly fees or sell their database/website. I’ve purchased licenses for both Beersmith 1 and 2, if the company goes away I still have the functionality of their software. In fact this is kind of the case with Promash, it isn’t supported anymore but the functionality is still there and a lot of people still use it.

i would use http://www.brewgr.com or http://www.brewology101.com (highly recommended and it’s free) before Brewtoad. Brewtoad is a mess. Killed any positives that hopville had.

That being said, I use Beersmith 2.0 and love it. I probably only utilize about 30% ofwhat the program is designed to do.[/quote]

Why don’t you like Brew Toad? I found it pretty easy to use, has a nicer interface too.[/quote]

I like the layouts on brewgr and brewology and the functionality is much better for those as sites as well. Just my opinion though. Give them a shot.

I just started using the trail version of this program and I defiantly will be buying this. Great organization within this program.