Beer Labels

What are the dimensions of beer labels and the neck bands? I am using the program GIMP to design the labels, but I want to make the proportions are correct and that everything I want to put on the label will fit.

You’d probably want to choose the label stock you want to use first. I’ve seen labels online that have a few different sizes.

That said, I’ve never labeled my bottles. I just write something on the cap with a sharpie like DR for Dead Ringer…

1 Like

I guess that depends on the bottles your using. The label generator on Brewers Friend uses 3.3x4 and 4x5. The neck bands you should just measure some you like. It also might depend on your logo/design and what looks good. It’s really a personal decision since I doubt there is a standard

Could measure some commercial beer labels you like and model them after that. Might look a little stange in the store beer cooler with a tape measure. :wink:

If you are like most of us, you will get tired of making the labels and just use a Sharpie on the cap or Post It on the six pack carrier or case. Regular paper labels don’t work in a cooler and fade easily. I used to make a Christmas beer every year and come up with a cool label. After a few years of that told friends “stop over for a draft”.

I could care less if my beer has labels on it, but I want to make some labels so if I give my beer to friends as a gift etc. there would at least be a label on the bottle instead of the bottle being “naked”.

1 Like