Beer Bottle Labels

Check out this website that allows you to print pretty cool and very customizable beer bottle labels. You can input all kinds of info on the label such as your name of beer, date, alcohol %, type of beer, bottle size, and a few others. The site sends a PDF that you print at home. The graphics are great. Check it out. It beats a magic marker on a bottle cap. DIYFreeBeerLabels.com

And the address is ???

First post and this looks like it is solely for the purpose of advertizing. Spam is deleted here and the spammers banned so please tread lightly if you are posting a link.

It is certainly beer related so I am letting it go for now. Thanks

the link, if allowed, was added to the original post.

bottle labels are a new found punctuation to a long day of brewing. it makes the beer taste better. actually, its practical in that % alcohol and date brewed can be added. batches can all run together, so when friends ask all you have to do is look at the bottle. no need to run to the homebrew log. cheers.

[quote=“KingsmillCellarMash”]the link, if allowed, was added to the original post.

bottle labels are a new found punctuation to a long day of brewing. it makes the beer taste better. actually, its practical in that % alcohol and date brewed can be added. batches can all run together, so when friends ask all you have to do is look at the bottle. no need to run to the homebrew log. cheers.[/quote]

Disagree. My beer tastes just fine without a label. Slapping a piece of paper on the bottle only leads to me having to take the time to scrape it off later. A quick mark with a Sharpie like “T” for tripel or “IS” for Imperial Stout is way quicker, more convenient, and not at all confusing.

I use Avery Design and Print online with the 5264 Laser Print Label template (8164 is the Inkjet version).

[quote=“Lytnin”][quote=“KingsmillCellarMash”]the link, if allowed, was added to the original post.

bottle labels are a new found punctuation to a long day of brewing. it makes the beer taste better. actually, its practical in that % alcohol and date brewed can be added. batches can all run together, so when friends ask all you have to do is look at the bottle. no need to run to the homebrew log. cheers.[/quote]

Disagree. My beer tastes just fine without a label. Slapping a piece of paper on the bottle only leads to me having to take the time to scrape it off later. A quick mark with a Sharpie like “T” for tripel or “IS” for Imperial Stout is way quicker, more convenient, and not at all confusing.[/quote]

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Although there’s admittedly some extra work involved, labels can be a nice touch on a finished product. Personally, I’d rather pour a brew for my friends out of a nicely labeled bottle than I would a plain brown wrapper. Just me, though…

Sometimes labels are important, other times they are not. Sometimes I use a 3/4" round label and stick it on the cap so when I remove the cap, it is gone. Other times, I want the beer to look very professional for gifts, etc. like below:

[quote=“KingsmillCellarMash”]the link, if allowed, was added to the original post.

It makes the beer taste better?!?! I’m in. Can you make me a big enough one to wrap around a keg?

Btw Greg, sharp looking label.

I’m certainly not against beer labels. I have seen some of the entries in the BYO contest and there is definitely some talented artists out there. If you are giving as a gift a label is a nice touch. Personally I don’t have the Photoshop know-how to make a decent label, but I can appreciate the work some people put into their labels. My issue is with the spamming sales pitch the OP is trying to do. Also to make the statement:

“your beer tastes better with a label” is false advertising IMHO.

OP might not want to use that as his angle in this sue-happy society we live in.

[quote=“Lytnin”]I’m certainly not against beer labels. I have seen some of the entries in the BYO contest and there is definitely some talented artists out there. If you are giving as a gift a label is a nice touch. Personally I don’t have the Photoshop know-how to make a decent label, but I can appreciate the work some people put into their labels. My issue is with the spamming sales pitch the OP is trying to do. Also to make the statement:

“your beer tastes better with a label” is false advertising IMHO.

OP might not want to use that as his angle in this sue-happy society we live in.[/quote]
I’m with you.

I used to put a lot of effort into labeling each batch; then I got lazy. These days labels consist of masking tape marked with a sharpie. Though I still do put nice labels on bottles I give away as gifts.

I put something on the cap or maybe a sticky note with a rubber band. No more than that since I’ll also have to REMOVE it.

If removing the labels is stopping you from putting a label on, dont let it. Apply the label to the bottle with 2% milk. That is, gently wet the paper label with milk then slap it on the bottle. The label sticks on really good whether in the refrig or ice chest. And removing it only requires one to wet it under the faucet. It then comes right off. Obvisously this only works when a label is printed to white paper (non-sticky back) and not Avery label paper or other similars.

Cheer!