Barley wine recipe

Brewed in October, bottled two weeks ago.

15lbs 2row
5lbs Vienna
.75lbs Chocolate malt
.75lbs Melanoidin malt
.5lbs C40
.5lbs C20

1oz Crystal FWH
1.5oz Chinook 60min
2oz Liberty 20min
1oz Crystal 10min
1oz Centennial flameout
.5oz Chinook flameout
2oz Amarillo Dry hop 7 days

US05 yeast
OG 1.095
FG 1.024

It’s pretty smooth with a nice bitterness and big malt. I’m very happy with it.

I surely try with this recipes must! its just so tasty i think. :smiley:

I’m drinking this now and it has come together quite nicely. I know it isn’t a traditional BW type recipe, but it is very good. It still has a strong hop nose, but its more malt forward now. I have about a case left and am looking forward to sampling this at one year and beyond.

I’m drinking this now and it has come together quite nicely. I know it isn’t a traditional BW type recipe, but it is very good. It still has a strong hop nose, but its more malt forward now. I have about a case left and am looking forward to sampling this at one year and beyond.

If you manage to hang on to some for a year from now, It should be very good indeed.
I started doing double and triple batches of my favorite Burton/Barleywine years ago and have never regretted it…I’ve had ones 5 or even 10 years down the line and they were still exquisite and wonderfully complex.
Beer like this serve as ample proof that ‘freshness’ can sometimes be over-rated. :mrgreen:

I’m drinking this now and it has met up pleasantly. I know it isn’t a conventional BW sort formula, however it is great. It still has a solid jump nose, however its more malt forward now. I have around a case left and am anticipating inspecting this at one year and past.