Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Bad sign?

Just noticed this darkening on the top of my beer and never had this in my previous batches. Has anyone else come across this? Bad sign?
Quick background:
This is the Kiwi IPA from Northern Brewer, about 2 weeks into the secondary, been fermenting around 70 F, haven’t added the dry hop yet, no odd smells, nothing floating in it, haven’t tasted it yet, and first time using a very clean big bubbler.
Thanks in advance.

I think its the way the lid is reflected/refracted from the light… Seems odd it would start stratifying after its fermented… doesn’t it? Sneezles61

Sometimes when the yeast starts settling out the top gets a little clearer. I agree though nothing looks wrong.

Excellent! Thank you for the fast responses. It appears I am just a bit of a worrywort. Bad pun, I know :nerd_face:

1 Like

I agree that it is starting to drop clear. This is the point where I would dry hop for 3 days, then throw it in the fridge and hit it will gelatin or biofine and let it drop clear, then keg it up! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Naw that beer looks spoiled, I’ll be by to take that nasty beer off your hands! :wink:

2 Likes

Panic Attack…
lol
relax
Do a taste test.
Your taste buds will know if it is good or not.

2 Likes
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com