arrogant bastard clone

Has anyone tryed the can you brew it arrogant bastard recipe? I listened to the shows and was thinking of trying it.

Yep, it’s a good recipe. Dryhop with an oz of Chinook to make it even better.

True Dat.

I’ve done a clone before, but not the cybi recipe. I think my grain bill was much more simple. 90% pale and 10% special b. The hop additions were the same. Turned out great.

Ahhh, I remember my first Arrogant Bastard. Tis was back in my college days and I was unassuming of it’s potent powers.

After quaffing a few bottles with friends, I found out why the blonde in one of my classes was nicknamed “the Smurf.” Who knew you could dye it blue down there…

[quote=“holaday1185”]I’ve done a clone before, but not the cybi recipe. I think my grain bill was much more simple. 90% pale and 10% special b. The hop additions were the same. Turned out great.[/quote]90% 2-row and 10% Special B is the original CYBI recipe (think they might have tweaked it later, but go with the original).

IIRC he says to use S-04, which I"ve done twice, and liked.

If I was to brew it again, I think I would use either the Fuller’s yeast, the Tim Taylor yeast, OR, I would try this new dry Burton Union yeast by Mongrove Jack that’s floatin’ around the internets…

Then again with that much Chinook, and Special B, your yeast is, if fermented cold enough, very much in the background.

[quote=“Worts_Worth”]IIRC he says to use S-04, which I"ve done twice, and liked.[/quote]Who is “he”? Mitch Steele says WLP007 with WLP002 as a second choice, but you can obviously use whatever yeast you prefer. I’ve done it with US-05 a couple times and it works well, too.

Thinking of, I did this exact brew tonight, albeit it was a “Baby Bastard”. Only used 11 pounds total of grain. Boiled for 90 minutes with 4 hops additions. Also, I’m using white labs American Ale yeast blend since I haven’t used this specific yeast with this beer yet. Numbers and color look good. We shall see…

Jamil, from Can You Brew It, the recipe the OP was referencing.