Anyone brew today/this weekend?

Greetings all,

Did anyone else fire up the kettle today/this weekend?

I put a German Pils into the primary about 2 hours ago; 10 lbs of Pils malt with 1lb of Munich for balance. Magnum for bittering, with a small hopburst of Hallertau for flavor/aroma, for a total of ~40 IBU’s. Dumped in about 2 cups of thick 34/70 slurry from a Classic American Pils I racked to 2° two weeks ago today.

What did you brew today/this weekend?

Bklmt2000

Brewed an Octoberfest yesterday, pitched a cake of WLP833 today. Also made a starter for a british bitter.

Brewed an amber with Wyeast Farmhouse, tapped a keg of saison and IPA. Kegging a wit tomorrow. It was cool this morning, but getting pretty warm.

wanted to, but had to bottle a Scotch Ale, and carboy an Altbier first.
Next weekend: English Strong Ale!
(next up, a winter beer)

Kegged a strong pale ale and brewed a brown for a friend for his birthday gift.

Brewed a pale ale yesterday. I ran out of propane with five minutes left in the boil. Threw it on the stove, to finish it out. However, the LAST thing I’m gonna do is worry. :smiley:

Brewed up an Oktoberfest yesterday, but I’m cheating and making it as an ale. It’s fermenting pretty hard this morning.

For my partial mash batches, my efficiency has been pretty stable around 70%, but it shot up to 80% yesterday. Can’t complain too much, I guess :smiley:

I brewed the German Alt extract kit Saturday. It went pretty well, I very little evaporation since it was such a humid day. Took slightly longer to chill than I hoped with 21lbs of ice. Still under 30 min though.

Used my new Mix-stir to aerate/mix, that was much easier than shaking 5 gallons.

As I always I am slightly worried about something. I didn’t plan ahead so I just used one 1007 smackpack, I feel like I should have bought two (OG 1.055). I used a blow off and it was bubbling last night, albeit slower than an airlock, which seems to make sense.

Brewed an oktoberfest on Friday. Little over on the OG, but all is well.

Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest/Marzen

Recipe Specs

Batch Size (G): 5.3
Total Grain (lb): 11.000
Total Hops (oz): 2.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.058 (°P): 14.3
Final Gravity (FG): 1.015 (°P): 3.8
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.70 %
Colour (SRM): 11.0 (EBC): 21.7
Bitterness (IBU): 21.9 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 75
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill

5.500 lb Munich I (50%)
4.500 lb Pilsner (40.91%)
0.500 lb Aromatic Malt (4.55%)
0.500 lb Caramunich I (4.55%)

Hop Bill

1.00 oz Tettnanger Pellet (4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Tettnanger Pellet (4% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)

Misc Bill

Single step Infusion at 151°F for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 50°F with Saflager W-34/70

10gal AG Black IPA. Overshot efficiency and undershot my volume. Ended up at 1.080.

I don’t consider that cheating. At one time all beers were ales.
:cheers:

Brewed the Black IPA extract kit and finally assembled my HLT and Mash Tun from Home Depot Coolers. Almost ready to go All Grain.

I don’t consider that cheating. At one time all beers were ales.
:cheers: [/quote]
Honestly I want to make a Fauxfest with 1056 fermented at 60F and see how it compares to this one. Lagers are a real pain in the butt. Now that I’ve finally been able to execute them decently, I’m losing interest due to all the special conditions and long aging time.