Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Any Reason I Should't Bottle Now?

I brewed my fifth batch–my second all grain batch–a couple weeks ago. I normally rack to a secondary, but decided to try skipping it this time. It has been in primary for 16 days now. I checked the gravity and tasted it last night. Pretty sure the gravity is stable and I didn’t taste any off flavors. I was going to leave it in primary a full three weeks, but don’t see any reason to wait at this point. It’s a porter, so I’m not terribly concerned about clarity.

I think I’ll bottle tonight. Anything I’m overlooking? Any other reason I should leave it on the yeast cake a few more days?

Nope, its definitely time. Unless its a big beer or a lager I’ll bottle at two weeks.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com