Another fruit question

Like others, I want to add some raspberry to my secondary fermenter and then transfer my beer on top of it. It’s 3 gallons of American wheat. How much will this affect the final gravity? I’ve been told that the yeast will eat some of the sugar, but I don’t know how much. I’m shooting for an OG of 1.040 and FG of 1.009 without the fruit, but like I said I don’t how the fruit will affect the beer.

Also with only 3 gallons of beer I was planning on using only one smack pack ( wyeast 1010 ). Should I make a starter since there will be some extra sugar added later on.

The wort is a 3 gallon boil with 3.5 lbs of Bries wheat dme with some light hops.

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers,

-B

There isn’t that much sugar in raspberries. I used 3# of oregon puree once and it only had something like 230g. So think or it as adding around 1/2# of sugar to your beer at most.

You’ll also be adding to the total volume of the beer when you add those purees,
So I doubt it changes the final gravity any.

Thanks for the replies! I greatly appreciate it. Like past brew days, I won’t worry about it.