All done!

[attachment=0]keg2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]keg3.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Keg1.jpg[/attachment]

Now to find a bottle opener to mount on this and I think I’ll be all set.

Very nice work!

I confess that I have kegged for over 12 years and still use picnic taps.

[quote=“ALSS”]Very nice work!

I confess that I have kegged for over 12 years and still use picnic taps.[/quote]

Thanks ALSS! It took some time to get motivated since my last one I worked on for a month then the night I fired it up our house was hit by lightening and it blew the condenser. This took a week but 2 builds later I learned a lot along the way, mostly from the folks here!

I left room for 2 more taps as well, but right now I’m happy with two and picnic taps on the other two kegs.

Looks good! I really like the mini-barrel next to your keezer.

Nice work. It looks great. Is that some type of insulation on the inside of the boards?

hoppyguy - Nice clean look. Is your drip tray attached to the keezer in any way down where the drip tray actually is? Or is it just hanging from the collar?

The collar is actually a 2 x 6 with 3 coats of all weather water resistant paint. All cracks are sealed with silicone, I learned all about the importance of moisture control after my first 2 builds and this one seals up perfectly. I wrapped the collar with some nice pine as well and hit it with a light, natural looking stain.

Below are some more photo’s, I probably could have done without the brackets but it is what it is.

On the Drip tray, this is mounted to a board wrapped in SS and fastened with L brackets to the collar, it’s very sturdy and holds a pitcher just fine. Although, I like pints myself! :cheers:
[attachment=1]1.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMAG0769.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! A lot of my idea came from here, so cheers to us all for sharing!

On the Barrel, I just pulled a Barleywine out of that and will be aging a RIS next. It looks cool but really is a hassle controlling the flavor you get from the oak and whiskey, I would suggest oak cubes soaked in whiskey unless you are planning to age for a long time. 2 weeks in the barrel and it is just about right. Te main plan is to get the whiskey flavor out of it and start aging some sours.

threeabuck - Sharp looking dog!

I will give her a pet for you hoppyguy - She’ll appreciate it.

Thanks for the info on the drip tray. I will probably have to do something similar. I have had my keezer built for over a year now, and the drip tray is my last thing left to do.

Sounds good, just let me know if you want to see some more photos. This was the best Idea I could come up with and was pretty happy how it turned out from a stability standpoint.

Ps, great dogs after they get through the crazy, curious years.
[attachment=0]ellie.jpg[/attachment]

Can you tell me more about what you mean with regards to the importance of moisture control? I just finished a keezer…have two kegs in there now and have noticed some condensation on the inside of the keezer.

Also about your picnic taps…did you just set them inside? I was thinking of keeping a cup of sanitizer in the keezer and dropping the picnic taps in there when not in use…maybe I’m just paranoid?

Thanks

[/quote]

Can you tell me more about what you mean with regards to the importance of moisture control? I just finished a keezer…have two kegs in there now and have noticed some condensation on the inside of the keezer.

Also about your picnic taps…did you just set them inside? I was thinking of keeping a cup of sanitizer in the keezer and dropping the picnic taps in there when not in use…maybe I’m just paranoid?

Thanks[/quote]

I get a lot of moisture in mine. I live in a very humid area, though. I’ve got 3 dehumidifiers in it (the ones you plug in to recharge). I didn’t seal all the seams until after it was done and running. I started getting some rust at the seams.

You can just sit the taps inside. Spray 'em with sanitizer once in a while if you want, but I don’t. I run 6 taps and have up to 3 on picnic taps inside.

[quote=“hoppyguy”]

Ps, great dogs after they get through the crazy, curious years.
[attachment=0]ellie.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

I’ve got a 1.5 year black…when are the crazy, curious years over!!! He’s a maniac, but I love it!