Air quality

Something I’ve known about, but walked past… Radon Gas…
When winter sets in… out of doors imbibing is just about is non-existent… and my Tap room is downstairs… albeit a walk out/split level… My practice room is in the same area… So, I do spend alot of time there…
I’ve sent away for a short term test…
Do you have any concerns if yer tap/brew/TV/Exercise room is at the lowest level of yer home?
Sneezles61

Do you have any of the following symptoms?
Persistent cough.
Hoarseness.
Wheezing.
Shortness of breath.
Coughing up blood.
Chest pain.
Frequent infections like bronchitis and pneumonia.
Loss of appetite.
Unusual punctuation or lack thereof.

3 Likes

You can get Radon updates from your basement right to your phone. You can prolly get a similar thing as phone enabled breathalyzer.

We had a radon reading in our first house we moved into back in 2007, it read enough that we had an abatement system put in. My TV and gaming rig were in the basement, never had any issues. Split entry similar to your setup. The house we are currently in we moved into in 2011, Radon reading didn’t register enough to need abatement. Basement is unfinished so the only time I spend down in basement is grabbing beer and running on the treadmill. Our garage opens from the basement to the back yard and I brew there with the door open. When I finally get around to getting the basement finished to make my proper mancave/bar I will probably test again. If you’re concerned you can get someone to come check for you. Tests typically take 2-7 days. An abatement system isn’t too costly and gives peace of mind.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I ordered a short time test…
No, I don’t feel any different or such… But now that I’m not chasing out the door, there are things like this that I can pay attention too… And what I’m reading, it is good to find out if we have an issue… I was more curious how many have had to address Radon in yer homes…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Im more worried about humidity and mold spores in a basement. I track the humidity and run a dehumidifier as needed. Also have a quality air filter. I always keep the basement windows cracked all year. The air exchange should take care of any radon. Radon testing changes by the season. When i was building we would test at different times after exchangeing the air. Always got different reading. When we put the fans in people complained about the look an the noise. It wasn’t required for the CO so we only put them in if the buyers wanted them.

2 Likes