Air cooling a Glycol Cooled Tower

I have no experience with Glycol cooling and was wondering if this would be an issue. I’d be mounting it directly on top of my kegerator that I’m building into a bar. I was thinking of just using some computer fans to force air up into it.

Can I just rip out all of the glycol stuff and replace with regular lines? I’ve found a couple like pictured below for decent prices and was wondering if there’s any difference.

That would all need replaced anyway so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Are there any differences between the 2 different towers? Like insulation differences or anything? If all there is to it is ripping out the old lines and throwing regular lines in it that’s not a problem. I just didn’t know if there was anything else that made it a glycol tower vs an air cooled tower.

Air cooled towers have a thin layer of insulation wrapped around the inside of the tower. With that model it would be very easy to add insulation.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Might be picking this one up and adding some insulation.

Should work well as long as you can get cold air moving through it. Should be easy enough with the computer fans. Put one in each tower.