Aebleskiver

Aebleskiver is a pancake ball you can fill with jam or fruit if you feel like. I grew up eating these but only tried making them today after carrying around this special pan for 20+ years…

2 Likes

Position one a 90 degree rotation of the shell forming dumping the batter on top to make the next side

Final rotation with the skewers completes the sphere

2 Likes

I’ve never seen or heard of these morsels… They do look tasty and quite tricky to make.
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yeah they look both delicious and a b—h to make. Seems like a filling would make them out of this world!

You separate the whites Andfrom the yolks and whip them With the sugar until stiff then fold that back into the batter. That’s the hardest part.
Waiting for @wilcolandzaat To chime in because it’s a Danish thing. He’s been quiet the last few days. Hope he’s just busy.

O yeah. My grandma. Made them for me. When i went to visit their farm as kid. She filled them up. With. Grape jelly. Jummy stuff. Me try to make them few times. Did not really. Work out. Think it has to do with the. Fluffy ness of the batter. But now you got me thinking. I should try it again. Aash. Sort of busy. Cleaning garden. Painting here and there. Than i messed up friday. My beer product order i can pick it up. Drove there. Guess what closed. For good friday and Easter. Went diving. My wife still stuck in colombia. Makes me sort of sad. Dont know when she will be allowed to fly back to bonaire soon

2 Likes

Story to hear about your wife. Hope she can fly back soon.
The fluffy comes from beating the egg whites and sugar independently of the yolks and everything else then gently folding the fluff back into the batter

1 Like