Adjusting Tannin levels

I recently got my hands on a copy of the new cider makers handbook, which came highly recommended to me. It mentions Kingston Blacks as the ideal single variety apple for cider. I’m about to start a batch of Cider using store bought juice (as availability and access to cider apples is virtually non existent in central Arkansas) and would like to adjust the total acidity, SG and more notably the tannin levels of the juice to that of kingstons… It mentions that these varieties typically contain 1.9 g/L tannins, which to me sounds rather high considering the general recommendation for tannin addition of 1/4 tsp of wine tannin/ Gal is roughly 10x less than that, but i know many english style ciders do use more highly tannic apples…what would you guys suggest? do i add enough tannin to equal 1.9 g/L (~7.5 g/Gal if i did my math correct) or do i stick with the 1/4 tsp for a 1Gal batch? im hoping to get something closer to an english style
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum…
I do the store bought cider… I even process my own apples for cider. You’d not be able to tell them apart… I’ve never had an English cider either… I suspect if it where truly unique, it would have made its way over here, or even variations from locals here claiming to be an English style…
Final gravity can really set cider apart is what I’ve learned… Let 5 gallons ferment out completely and cold crash and package another at 1.003… Using the same juice…
Of course, I will ask, what are you wanting to accomplish adding tannins? Acid levels is checked through tritation… which I’ve not done too… pH is an acidic check also, but I’ve not found info that gives me a clue what is the ideal pH for juice… Sneezles61