Adding lactose to stout after fermentation

I made an RIS and it finished too dry and thin. I want to add lactose to it to rectify this a little bit. I am thinking 8 oz of lactose boiled in a cup or so of water, then cooled and added to the keg.

Since fermentation is over, will the lactose merely sink to the bottom of the keg and be a waste of time, or will it meld and blend with the beer?

Any thoughts or experiences are welcome - thanks

I’ve added malto dextran in a simlilar situation (not wanting added sweetness). I took the small volume of disolved m.d., and added it to a pitcher of the finished beer, and then poured the whole pitcher back into the keg. It blended just fine, especially with a little gentle rolling or shaking of the keg.

But the only problem with mine is that I overcompensated and added a bit too much (I think it was 8 oz if memory serves) so I ended up with a bit heavier beer. So, to do it again, I would probably start small and add to taste.

What beavis has proposed will work perfectly. I do the same thing sometimes.

That works fine. Just make sure you cool it to beer temperature before adding back to the keg. Adding a warm lactose solution to cold carbonated beer can cause an eruption.

Lactose dissolves and won’t settle out of solution.

The big question is, why did you brew a dry thin stout? You know better than that!