A good Schneider Weisse

Looks nice! When I keg my hefes I actually carbonate by using sugar additions like bottle conditioning. Turn out great!

Ok well I bottled a case of this and kegged the rest. The keg version was closer to Schneider Weisse but I just samplef the bottle condition version. Completely different beer. I need to try another but this is more yeasty I’d say. There is a familiar flavor maybe more of a Witbier without the orange peel. I will try another now

1 Like

I wonder what changed the brew profile? O2?
Sneezles61

What I’m thinking was the temperature of the bottle conditioning during conditioning. I dii keep them warmer than fermentation. But your right it could be the extra O2 or both. I thought about O2 so didn’t transfer to a bottle bucket but used sugar cubes. When I bottle from the keg I purge the bottles. These bottles I did not thinking the O2 would be needed. I’m going to make this exact recipe with a saison yeast. More experimenting. Like I sat nothing wrong with the bottled version just not what I expected. Today’s testing I’ll pour clear and leave the dregs behind. This way I’ll know more where the flavors are from

This may be why Schneider uses a cleaner yeast when bottling.

I’ve heard the breweries that do bottle condition don’t always use the same yeast…. As I’m watching squirrels pick the last remaining apples off the tree… way up high!
Sneezles61

1 Like

From my days of building dregs from wheat beers I found the use lager yeast from my research

2 Likes