90 Shillings Clone

My gf loves the Odell 90 Shillings so I thought I’d make her a good ol’ batch of it to save us the $9 six pack headaches. The recipes I’ve found online look decent, but I was wondering if there’s any testimony to be offered on cloning this beer.

While I’m nowhere near as experienced with catalog recipes from NB as many others on here, IMHO Karl’s 90 Shilling is a nearly perfect substitute for Odell’s. I made it for the same reasons as you, and am now making a modified version (higher alcohol %). I’ll let you know how that goes.
Good luck!

[quote=“The Mad Zymurgist”]While I’m nowhere near as experienced with catalog recipes from NB as many others on here, IMHO Karl’s 90 Shilling is a nearly perfect substitute for Odell’s. I made it for the same reasons as you, and am now making a modified version (higher alcohol %). I’ll let you know how that goes.
Good luck![/quote]

I’ll be making my scraped together recipe (partial mash) next week, I’ll post my results as well.

This isn’t meant to be a 90 Shilling Clone but I just kegged up this Scottish 80 and it is damn tasty. I took a gallon or so of the first runnings and put them in a separate pot on the stove and boiled them down to get some color and caramel flavors and while I’m not sure if it is that tactic or the grain bill that taste is great.

4 lbs 4.0 oz Mild Malt - Ashburne (Briess) (5.3 SRM) Grain 1 46.6 %
4 lbs 4.0 oz Pale Malt, Golden Promise (Thomas Fawcett) (3.0 SRM) Grain 2 46.6 %
8.0 oz Caramel Malt - 120L (Briess) (120.0 SRM) Grain 3 5.5 %
2.0 oz Briess Organic Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4 1.4 %
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 20.1 IBUs
1.0 pkg Scottish Ale (Wyeast Labs #1728) [124.21 ml] Yeast 6 -

I’m ordering the White Labs WLP028 Edinburgh Ale from NB. I’m assuming this is a Scottish Ale Yeast yes?