360 vodka bottles

My wife found this brand of vodka, 360, which sells vodka in 1.75 l glass bottles with a flip-top.

I know it’s clear glass, but my homebrew mostly spends its life in my basement or in my refrigerator, the in a glass so I’m not worried about sunlight hitting it. I am worried about doing bottle finishing in that bottle, do you think it will be able to take the same pressure that a normal beer bottle would?

sunlight hitting it.

Yes that bottle is capable of bottle conditioning.

1 Like

Yeh that’s pretty thick glass and you can get replacements for the rubber sealing grommet as well.

Most swing tops are beer bottles so it should work. How do you guys know that one can take the pressure? I have never seen that bottle before. @MFED you are correct that clear works as long as it is out of the light. Incandescent indoor lighting can skunk your beer just like sunlight though.

Thanks, I have a batch that should be ready for bottling in 2 weeks. I thought this would make a nice bottle to bring to a party.

1 Like

@hd4mark only neanderthals still use incandescent lights, I switched to LEDs…

How 2018. I use bioluminescent algae :stuck_out_tongue:

@MFED We went from incandescent to CFL and now starting to change over to LED. For what all that costs I can’t see us saving anything in the long run but get that warm fuzzy feeling by going green. The light from some LEDs does take some getting used to but I did buy some replacements for a back lit wall unit that are made to look like an old fashion bulb.

Back on topic. The bottles do look cool and it is nice to have some clear ones to check clarity.

LEDs give off UV as well. You could get red dark room bulbs that don’t emit UV but then everything in your fridge would look like a horror movie.

Maybe I will just paint the bottle. I’ll ask the wife to do it and I can say that she is “Helping me make beer”.

Curious @MFED. Have you conditioned beer in this bottle? Any pressure issues, bottle bombs? Thanks.

I switched to kegging, so I use it as a growler (after painting it) It’s held up, but I have not conditioned in it.

Looks a really thick glass, should be capable of handling similar pressure.