200th batch!

Today I brewed my 199th & 200th batches of (5 gallons) beer. :lol:

Did it in the snow and mid 30’s. Just a flat out nice day to be brewing!

Used HBC 342 for an APA for batch # 199 & the Blind Pig IPA for # 200. Both hit 75% eff and no problems.

After brewing extract for the first few years and not keeping track of those batches, I started the count in Feb. of 2005 when I switched to partial mashes.

The first 37 of the 200 were partial mash then it’s been AG all the way since then.

I think May of 2013 makes it 10 years for me and this is still the best damn hobby I have ever had! :slight_smile:

Rock on!

Congrats man, cant wait till I can write batch #200 … in my brew book. Im on batch 8 been bbrewing about 5 months. Sometimes I wonder what I was doing before brewing, it really is the best hobby. Good beer is a great motivator

Congrats!!! I am at 192. Gonna do a big Double IPA for 200 and probably throw a party.

This is my first year and i’m on batch number twelve. Keep up the brewing and take notes on your lessons learned so you can hand them down to us newer guys.

Mike

Congrats guys.

congrats. I passed batch 50 this year. Still not a full two years in. Can’t wait to hit the 100 and 200 mark.

…This makes me wish that I’ve been keep track but I have not…

[quote=“Duder”]Today I brewed my 199th & 200th batches of (5 gallons) beer. :lol:

Used HBC 342 for an APA for batch # 199 & the Blind Pig IPA for # 200. Both hit 75% eff and no problems.

After brewing extract for the first few years and not keeping track of those batches, I started the count in Feb. of 2005 when I switched to partial mashes.

The first 37 of the 200 were partial mash then it’s been AG all the way since then.

I think May of 2013 makes it 10 years for me and this is still the best damn hobby I have ever had! :slight_smile:

Rock on![/quote]

Wow this is a great milestone. I’m an engineer by day so excuse me but:

-thats 1,000 gallons, 128,000 ounces, 10,667 12oz.beers, 1,067 beers/year, 89 beers/month, 2.9 beers/day…makes me thirsty!

Mike

Thanks guys!

I too did the math… but only to 1,000 gallons! 8)

Prost!

[quote=“mbg”][quote=“Duder”]Today I brewed my 199th & 200th batches of (5 gallons) beer. :lol:

Rock on![/quote]
Wow this is a great milestone. I’m an engineer by day so excuse me but:

-thats 1,000 gallons, 128,000 ounces, 10,667 12oz.beers, 1,067 beers/year, 89 beers/month, 2.9 beers/day…makes me thirsty!

Mike[/quote]

Thats allot of beer and I’m sure you probably buy a 6 pack here an there.

Wow! I have been brewing just as long, and haven’t even made it to 100 batches yet. I will brew my 100th sometime late in 2013. I am very much looking forward to that. Congrats Duder!