I’ve given this some thought. The cost trade off versus going forward is a no-brainer. I’d spend $18 bucks for yeast and another $20 for a flask, nutrients, and 1/2 lb of DME for a starter. So, I’m going let it sit a few more days and check the gravity. If she’s dropped and all the senses say it’s still good (look, taste, smell, etc) I’ll keep moving forward.
IF I have to dump it and start over it’s another $10 for yeast and $20 for the grain bill. Makes either solution a $$ wash, but going forward has the chance that it survived and I have a new batch of beer in the frig
So for now I’ll drink my RC cola, watch Gunsmoke, and wait patiently.