10 gal fermentor

I just broke a glass unit last week while cleaning, pretty bad.
My Primary’s tend to get pretty exciting, especially if I forget the Whirl-floc (sp?) has anyone enlarged the opening on the lid. No pics on the site so can’t really tell how the top is constructed.
This Looks very promising, thank you all for sharing!

http://morebeer.com/products/speidel-pl ... 9-gal.html

FYI. I was just getting ready to order 2 of those 13 gal (really 14.5 gal) containers for $18.50. I see where they are used. I would NOT buy a used bucket which I intended to use as a fermenter. I suspect the seller knows nothing about brewing. And another thing; you are supposed to be able to combine the shipping for 2 units but I couldn’t see how to contact him. The cost of 2 including shipping was over $70.00 to Atlanta…I would probably buy it if it wasn’t used but to me that is a deal killer…I think I am going with the Speidel.

Hope this info helps you guys.

As far as the used 14.5g vessel, I guess you have to believe the seller to a certain extent. It says it was used once for transport of either sodium chloride or baking soda, I forget which. Anyway, another reassuring thing is that MullerBrau has had a very good experience with them.

I do wish shipping could have been combined. But I went ahead and bought one of them. And if it is a waste, well, it unfortunately would not be the first time for me to piss away 35 bucks.

But I do feel optimistic that it will work. I also like the dimensions of the can.

We shall see.

[quote=“Steeler D”]As far as the used 14.5g vessel, I guess you have to believe the seller to a certain extent. It says it was used once for transport of either sodium chloride or baking soda, I forget which. Anyway, another reassuring thing is that MullerBrau has had a very good experience with them.

I do wish shipping could have been combined. But I went ahead and bought one of them. And if it is a waste, well, it unfortunately would not be the first time for me to piss away 35 bucks.

But I do feel optimistic that it will work. I also like the dimensions of the can.

We shall see.[/quote]I believe it was baking soda and completely food safe. These containers are stackable too. They are nicer than you can imagine.

[quote=“Steeler D”]As far as the used 14.5g vessel, I guess you have to believe the seller to a certain extent. It says it was used once for transport of either sodium chloride or baking soda, I forget which. Anyway, another reassuring thing is that MullerBrau has had a very good experience with them.

We shall see.[/quote]

I guess worst case if there were issues you could use them just for grain storage.