1 gallon pumpkin ale recipes?

Does anyone have any recipes for pumpkin ale? I would like to brew a pumpkin ale but would like to try a 1 gallon recipe first to see how it turns out. Does anyone have a recipe they can share with me on here?

I was thinking of taking a preexisting kit and just adding some pumpkin to it during the boil. Kind of what the Smashing Pumpkin Ale says when using real pumpkins. The only reason why I don’t purchase that kit is because I only have the 1 gallon kit equipment. Other than that I would purchase that and my problem would be solved. Thank you for your help!

[quote=“Cloud254AAF”]Does anyone have any recipes for pumpkin ale? I would like to brew a pumpkin ale but would like to try a 1 gallon recipe first to see how it turns out. Does anyone have a recipe they can share with me on here?

I was thinking of taking a preexisting kit and just adding some pumpkin to it during the boil. Kind of what the Smashing Pumpkin Ale says when using real pumpkins. The only reason why I don’t purchase that kit is because I only have the 1 gallon kit equipment. Other than that I would purchase that and my problem would be solved. Thank you for your help![/quote]

You could look at the ingredients and scale down to 1 gal. Buy the ingredients separately. Pumpkin pie spice will give you good flavor without using real pumpkin.

I think I’ll throw out my question about a 5 gallon recipe. I want to use pumpkin, but am not sure if I should use a protein rest, or perhaps a beta-glucan rest. I had to study up on rye to make a good rye beer. Is there some site that has good scientific information on the contents of pumpkins, and what considerations are needed for brewing a pumpkin beer? Do pumpkins have much sugar in them? Without pumpkin pie spices, they are quite bland, but do they contain some other saccharides like raffinose? Raffinose is a trisaccharide found in many vegetables. Ale yeasts can break off one monosaccharide, ferment it, then leave behind melibiose. Lager yeasts can digest melibiose and ferment it.