What’s Brewin’?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just corrected my water… Started at 7.1 pH… 1.5 tsp citric acid… at 5.9… May be a bit low for this red ale… I’ll see soon when I draw a sample… 15 minutes later 5.3 pH… I would have thought that 1.25 lbs C-180 would drop it lower…
Short mash… now at 1.050…
Short boil too… Kinda like the “short and shoddy” series… 1.055
Yup… Right on! Sneezles61

1 Like

Getting ready for a 10 gallon Knot Today session.

1 Like

Have you posted your grain bill for that one? Sneezles61

10 gallons in the jugs. Whew!

1 Like

Recipe: (used Azacca in place of Michigan Copper)

1 Like

Feeling the need for simplicity so I did a SMaSH today with Golden Promise and Cashmere .

1 Like

Recipy looks nice

Just realized I f’d it up though. Don’t know why but I just did a one for one sub with the Azacca w/o calculating it. The Azacca AA% is waaaaay higher than the Copper. Afraid it’s going to be a bitter mess. Crud…

Maybe not looks like most of them were looking late additions

Sometimes things you think went wrong. Might turn out extreme nice. Just wait and taste.

65 IBU…mostly late hops…sounds pretty tasty to me.

1 Like

Brewed up CBD from our hosts yesterday, will do a Pseudo Sue clone next weekend.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Brewing MMD (make my day IPA) kegging a different version of My :heart: (all centennial) as well.

I was going to brew a Mexican Lager today but it’s pouring here so I’ll have to wait a few weeks since we’re going on vacation starting Wednesday. May decoct this one for a little more body and color if I’m feeling energetic that day…

Dos Perros Amber Lager - Influenced by Ken Lenard’s Hacienda Lager

Ingredients:

Amt Name Type # %/IBU Volume
8 lbs Vienna Malt (Avangard) (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 47.8 % 0.63 gal
6 lbs 8.0 oz Pilsner Malt (Avangard) (1.7 SRM) Grain 2 38.8 % 0.51 gal
2 lbs Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 3 11.9 % 0.16 gal
4.0 oz Wheat, Roasted (425.0 SRM) Grain 4 1.5 % 0.02 gal
2.00 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [4.00 %] - First Wort 60 Hop 5 14.6 IBUs -
0.25 oz Hallertau Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 6 5.8 IBUs -
0.50 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [4.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 7 1.6 IBUs -
1.0 pkg Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) [124.21 ml] Yeast

1 Like

Raining here as well. Brewed in the garage although the outdoor Brewers is set up have only brewed outside once. Rains almost every day. My recipe uses Munich instead of pilsner and a touch of chocolate malt

I was going for something a little lighter bodied than my normal Vienna so decided to drop the munich. I may end up adding a lb or two back in. Ken’s recipe had 1/4 lb of caramunich I believe but I’m on a no-cmalt kick right now…we’ll see…If I can get some WLP940 I may try that in place of the bav lager yeast. Heard good things about it.

My basement stairwell is great for brewing in any weather but heavy rain…

Mine comes out dark but not to heavy but this will be the darkest brew of the season. I’ll be focused on IPA for now. In the heat of summer probably play with saisons and wits

Love WLP940. It attenuates well and the flocculation is unbelievable. It’s my fav lager yeast.

1 Like

@loopie_beer I remember you saying that in another thread. Spoke to my LHBS today and they’re going to order some for me.