What books have you all read?

And that was the best one in the series! Yeast and water are not only deadly dull, but not even really aimed at homebrewers. We tried to make Experimental Homebrewing the antidote to those books…loaded with useful info, but also fun to read.[/quote]

I haven’t started the Water book yet. The Yeast book was helpful for me cause I learned a lot about yeast behavior and the reproduction process but it was definitely geared toward professional brewers with homebrewers as an afterthought. I completely skipped the section on having your own yeast lab…I’m not buying a microscope. I’ll just buy another packet/vial of yeast and problem solved![/quote]

Wait til ya get to the part in the water book where they talk about how to set up a wastewater management system!

Joy of Home Brewing by Papazian (thought this was a little preachy)
The Elements of Brewing: Water, Hops, Yeast (currently reading Yeast).
Designing Great Beers by Daniels
The Brew Masters Bible by Snyder
The Everything Homebrewing Book by Beechum (probably good for the new brewer - Palmer’s book might be better)
Homebrew Beyond the Basics by Karnowski (another basic book)
The Craft Beer Cookbook

Next up:
The Elements of Brewing: Grain
Denny’s Book

I have the following:

Radical Brewing - Randy Mosher
American Sours - Michael Tonsmeire
Brew Like a Monk - Stan Hieronymus
How to Brew - John Palmer

If I had to get another book, I might get Mastering Homebrew, it looks like it was just published in 2015, and its by Randy Mosher, and I really enjoyed radical brewing.

• Jeff

[quote=“jeffsmietana”]I have the following:

Radical Brewing - Randy Mosher
American Sours - Michael Tonsmeire
Brew Like a Monk - Stan Hieronymus
How to Brew - John Palmer

If I had to get another book, I might get Mastering Homebrew, it looks like it was just published in 2015, and its by Randy Mosher, and I really enjoyed radical brewing.

• Jeff[/quote]

There’s a lot of really great stuff in Randy’s new book. Unfortunately, there’s stuff like water that he hasn’t stayed up to date on.

And that was the best one in the series! Yeast and water are not only deadly dull, but not even really aimed at homebrewers. We tried to make Experimental Homebrewing the antidote to those books…loaded with useful info, but also fun to read.[/quote]
I need to check your book out.

I just read Malt and found it rather dull as well. It has a good overview of the malting process, but nothing I need to go back to. I was able to borrow it through my library, I’m glad I didn’t buy it.

I just finished American Sour Beers by Micheal Tonsmeire aka the mad fermentationist, and I highly recommend it if you’re interested in the style at all. Also, I really enjoyed Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels. It has loads of great info.

I plan to check out experimental Hombrewing now. Thanks for the recommendation.