Think i got it

Been working. For a while on a mango passion fruit recipy. Gonna brew today. Og 1.070 fg 1.020. Citra hops. 60 min. 20 min. Saaz. 10 min 5min the fruits. I did blend them. Strain them gonna ad one batch. 20 min into the boil. The other part. Once i transfer to second. Reason if i taste the mango flav in my beer skip the secondary

2 Likes

Sounds refreshing!

Sounds good too! I will say, that the closer you are to the kettle,(time wise), the better it is… I can’t point that out any better than an IPA. We get some very fresh IPA’s late fall from many different places and they are absolutely beautiful… A month later, well, they are lacking, 3 months later… Aint gonna buy it… You get my point? You can make lots of it, and if it doesn’t sell very fast you’ll have a brew without much going on. Do small batches and sell out, you’ll have repeat costumers waiting for it as close to the kettle… I was going to say, my 2 cents worth, but, I digressed and it may be up to a nickel now… Sneezles61

1 Like

Selling no issue. They do like what i do. Brewwise the clients. Did three brews. The first one did add the fruit the last 10 min in the kettle. 10 gall. Could not really smell or taste. The mango passion. So for the last two 10 gall gonna add the fruit in the fermentor next thursday. Did total brew 30 gall. All in one fermentor.

Hears the thing I believe. Once you understand the process you can make good beer consistently. Developing a recipe takes time because you should change things slowly. Putting in to much is a sure way to make a bad beer. I’ll make something and it will be good and people like it but it’s not what I was going for so I’ll make changes. Sometimes I’ll like the new one sometimes people like the “original” so what do you do? Well I just do both and have two recipes.

1 Like

Its a tweaking thing see how this goes. If not. Work more on the recipy change here and there. Looking for a perfect thing. Hope i got it right. Me not really a person to add fruit flav to beer. But the owner of the brewery wants it. Heck he pays me. So. What he wants. I create

1 Like