Recommendations for good quality red/red blend kits? (and skins or no skins?)

Hi all!
I have made several kit wines now, mostly the fruit varieties (black cherry, green apple, etc.) - and also a couple of small batch kits (cab, chardonnay, merlot underway right now).
I am enamored with the California Cabernet that I made - it turned out exceptionally well, surprisingly so, particularly as I only tasted it on bottling day. (I bottled it in 375mL bottles so I can taste it at intervals and learn more about how aging affects the quality… waiting a few months to open the first small bottle though!). I have a full size kit of a mid-range Master Vintner Cab on order as my next foray into something other than fruit varieties. Assuming that goes well, I want to advance to higher-end reds and/or red blends.
Any recommendations?
The kits I am considering right now are the Winexpert Primitivo Fiero, and the Winexpert Australian Boomerang Red; and, the RJS Cab-Malbed-Carmanere blend. Has anybody on this forum made any of these?
As a newbie, what should I be considering before I advance to making a kit that includes grape skins? Bigger primary fermenter, probably, but what else, equipment-wise and process-wise?
Thanks in advance for any insights -
Holly