No grains

Pure anger. My grains are on island. But customs and shipping agent. Slacking. Wait now 2 weeks. Damm wanna brew

That sucks bigtime!

maybe it’s time for you to buy your grains in 50 pound bags.

I do buy 200lbs grain at the time and some small bags of specialty grains. Have seen my grains standing. But due to. Kings day. Labour day. Bonaire day. 4 and 5 may. Liberation day. Everything closed. Did talk to e zone a other company. He claims its the same price. Shipping and handeling. Cost. If so. Need to make sure it comes next time to my ezone adress in miami. And i will have it with in 10 days he claims

I’d move if I was in a pickle like that! :grin: Sneezles61

Uaha yes. Been thinking to move to the mainland. But me like a horder. Òver the years. My brewing stuff my music colection. And dont forget. Tourists in skimpy bathingsuits

4 Likes

Not everyone should be wearing that attire… Up here, the girls look best in flannels and long underwear! Sneezles61

2 Likes

I thought maybe it’d get gonged but it WAS funny. My apologies for going there!

3 Likes

^^^^:joy:^^^ Sneezles61

Did you get your stuff yet Wilco? Crazy red tape!

Not yet. I hope tomorow. Did made a starter for just in case. For my citrus ale. So plan for friday morning. A brew session. Ticks me of why so long. But on the other hand some goverment bull shit. Customs

1 Like

Yes did pick up the grains today. 2 row malt. Maris otter. Munich malt. Chocolate malt. Flaked wheat. Honey malt. Total. 200 lbs. Some different kind of hops as well

3 Likes

Time to make some brews!

Yes got my starters ready. Only mill some grains today. 2 brew sessions tomorow. A. Citrus ale. Og 1.060. Second session. Og 1.080. A belguim trippel. Put some honey malt to it. Normaly use some candy sugar. But gonna try. Honey malt. See what the taste will bring. As well transfer 2 beers to the. Keg. A heffeweizen and a. Death ringer. Busy day. Me by myself. My brewbuddy went back home to capemay. For a while

Do you only use Kviek then? Then, do you rep itch or top crop…? Sneezles61

1 Like

Most the time i do use kviek. Yeast. Or saison yeast. They are more temp tolerant for the climate here on the island. Been using. Us5 as well but this puts me ln temp control. A old fridge i use for this so i can control the temp. But this kills me power bill wise. Running a kegurator. A other fridge in my beer room. It drives my wife crazy. Or is use the swamp cooler method. Thats the reason i brew ipa or ale beers. Once a while a lager. On yeast. I do repitch. The yeast. I top crop somethimes. Most the time start out with fresh yeast. To lazy to wash or collect the yeast

1 Like

Love it when a plan comes together. Two brew sessions. Yesterday. Both brew sessions. Right on the og. Grav like i created the recipy. Started. At 7. All done at 6. Included a hour mandentory. Beers.

4 Likes