How much pressure does 1/8cup dextrose generate in beer bottle?

How much pressure can a beer bottle take and how much pressure does 1/8cup dextrose per gallon actually generate in a beer bottle (500ml)?
I used Hacker-Pschorr bottles and reput the flip top back on (after santising).
Also, if there was a bottle bomb, could it go through cardboard? The Hackor-Pschorr come with these 18bottle cardboard boxes.

Here’s a link to info on NB’s site about bottles and pressure. This is just a general guide though. Glass can be stressed by poor handling and temperature extremes, etc. The glass can also have manufacturing flaws. It is best to play it safe when it comes to priming pressure and especially bottling before fermentation is complete.

A really good carbonation calculator for estimating CO2 volumes in the bottle.

I’ve never had a bottle explode, but some have reported glass shards penetrating dry wall. Not familiar with the flip top bottles. My Hacker-Pschorr pry off cap bottles are over 30 years old and much heavier glass than used in the new bottles.

Edit: Forget this. Just noticed you are referring to cider not beer.

They’re like Grolsch bottle flip tops but a bit thicker and brown.
I’m not worried that I have over primed but as this is the first time, I’m just taking some safety precautions in case I did something wrong. They had been in secondary for months. The hydrometer was measuring 1.000 or just higher because of the meniscus.
Just want to be safe that if something happens that the cardboard will hold the glass.

Have done a little reading about naturally carbonating cider in a bottle. You may have done something like this already. Carefully heating the cider, when the desired carbonation level is reached, to kill the yeast which will stop the CO2 production.

A little reading could be dangerous and even completely wrong.

Hard cider seems interesting.

There’s no need to heat if naturally carbonating unless you want residual sugar though.
I’m doing a dry sparkling.

Assuming that the ONLY fermentable sugar in your cider is the 1/8 cup dextrose/gallon, and it was less than say 3 months in secondary, you’re looking at about 2.5-2.7 volumes CO2 in your cider. Any glass bottle will be able to hold this much pressure, although flip top bottles are generally capable of holding higher pressure than standard crown bottles. I wouldn’t bottle anything over 3 volumes in crown bottles, and wouldn’t be comfortable with anything over 3.5 volumes in flip-top bottles.

At 2.5-2.7 volumes CO2, your cider should be just fine with some safety margin in flip tops.

Does anyone put the bottles in big plastic tupperwares for safety or cardboard is enough?

I don’t, but if you’re concerned about it then some kind of plastic tote will do a better job than cardboard at stopping glass shards. If one of them did blow, I don’t see cardboard doing much of anything to stop glass.