Hanna Magnetic Stir Plate?

Hello I just purchased the Hanna Magnetic stir plate the one morebeer sell. Can this stir plate work with a 2L flask ?

1 Like

Yes it does

I had one of these for several years and the motor in it recently died. Not sure why, but I’m suspicious following a post-mortem autopsy that it might’ve gotten worn out from the weight of 2 liter starters. Either way, I still got several years of good use out of it.

I’ve found that I no longer even use a stir plate anymore. I’ve gotten better results by making a starter wort about 12 hours before, using a bottle with a cap, shaking the starter wort until it’s mostly foam, pitching, and using it at high Krausen the next day when done brewing.

The ONLY time I use a stir plate is if I’m trying to build yeast from bottle dregs.

1 Like

Me too…one gallon carboys are very good for this :blush:

I built a stir plate, and it worked well, for a couple of uses. The box I put it in was a first aid kit. I know the 2 liter was too much for it, as I had to readjust it to keep the plastic surface from coming in contact with the magnets. Now I use the 2 liter flask and swirl as much as possible. Sneezles61