Cleaning brewing equipment?

Hello I know this may sound like a really dumb question. Does one need to clean there brewing equipment again before using it? like for Instance I thoroughly clean my brewing equipment after I brew. Then I use PBW an then I thoroughly rinse everything with warm water an then air dry it an put it way I only get to brew every few months so with my equipment being store between uses now when it come time to brew again should I put it through a another PBW cleaning regiment or just rinse out my fermenter an my hoses, an airlock with some warm water an then use star-San to sanitize my equipment?

Hot side stuff we generally rinse and make sure is debris free. Cold side/cold wort stuff gets thoroughly cleaned and then sanitized immediately priori to use during the brewing session.

1 Like

I clean everything after brewing then after it dry I keep it covered , brew day just a a star San rinse. Never had any problems. But I brew alot so maybe if I only brewed every couple months I’d do something different but probably not.

1 Like

Make sure after the cleaning with PBW and rinsing that you dry everything thoroughly before putting it away so nothing molds. Once thoroughly dry, keep it in totes or covered to prevent dust accumulation. Otherwise, a Star-San sanitizing should be good just before the next brew session.

1 Like

My brewing equipment gets pretty thoroughly cleaned before it’s gets stored in the basement.

But it IS stored in the basement so it gets a quick re-clean before we start brewing to get the dust, dryer lint, and spider webs off.

We’re always amazed too because my Labrador is not even allowed in the basement, but we always find at least one obvious dog hair IN the kettle that gets stored in a bag with the lid on — she’s a freaking magician with the shedding.

I do clean after brewing with pbw. Than store. In a plastic container on brew day soak in starsan. And ready to go