Brown Recipe - Just Gonna Send It

I don’t normally wing it but today I freelanced a brown recipe a bit. Went out on a limb with the hops and the lactose. Mashed at 152 fir an hour. Just noticed the measured gravity which is not actual as I forgot to get a gravity. Oh well, it’ll be beer. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Everyone has their own threshold but I’ve been going lighter and lighter on the roasted malt

1 Like

Looks great. I think I’d drink a lot of that one. Cheers.

Agreed.In hindsight might be a bit heavy with the Midnight and the Chocolate. I was thinking I could balance it with the lactose but at this point who knows. Reports will be forthcoming in a month or so. To be honest ,I tasted the wort at several stages and I was pretty happy with it. I could taste the roasted malts but they weren’t overbearing. The proof will be in the pudding.

1 Like

Thanks Dave! I’ll report back when she’s drinkable.

Me would brew this one. Me with you brew cat. Me getting light on the caramel. Malt.

1 Like

Here’s the brown.

Great toasty rich nose. Mouthfeel is rich and creamy. Taste is a nice mix of the malts with a hint of chocolate and the roast “bite”. Pretty happy with it. I think the lactose was a nice addition in that it adds a little sweetness that takes the edge off the roast malt. Yup, very pleased!

4 Likes

Sounds like a great dessert beer, or sunday afternoon by the fire beer.

Mr ro-BOT-to.

super spreader event “I got sick and during my illness, I managed to cook more than 20 different dishes”