After my first attempt, I took a step back and remembered KISS (keep it simple stupid). I found a simple basic amber ale recipe that had been used numerous times with excellent results. It was a simple recipe with two grains (2-row and Munich malt 40L) and a single hops (Cascade). This time I ordered my grain bill from our host, NB, to insure I had quality grains and most importantly the correct milling (crush) on the grain. I also used an ice bucket with my immersion cooler lines coiled in the ice to help reduce the cold break time (I got it from 170F to 85F in ~40 mins). I stayed with the Omega Hothead Ale yeast, but created a starter using the Propper Starter (concentrated wort in a can) in a mason jar 24 hours before pitching at 85F. To insure the wort was properly aerated I let the wort flow through a meshed strainer to collect the residual hops, etc. and aerate the wort. I pitched onto a nice head of foam and then stirred the yeast starter into the wort, sealed it and put it in the closet.
Going back to the KISS mantra, I stuck with the basic BIAB process - mash in, hoist out the bag and let it drain, boil the wort with the addition of the hops, cold break, into the fermentation bucket, pitch the yeast and let it go. No mash out, no sparging, nothing added to the process - KISS. I added some additional measurements and tests such as checking the mash pH (4.6 - 5.0 range) and using the iodine test to check the mash conversion (clear to yellow). My OG measured at 95F was 1.050 and adding the .003 temperature calibration factor equals 1.053 (my calculation at 70% efficiency was 1.054).
Its been ~12 hours in and the airlock activity is very high. There is a nice crust that has formed on the beer. Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Again, thanks to all of your help in my first adventure into BIAB. Looking forward to how this one performs over the next few weeks.