Your LHBS

That makes sense… brew your beer and grow your bud… :wink:

That makes sense… brew your beer and grow your bud… :wink: [/quote]

You do mean hops, don’t you? :roll:

So do you make your starters in a bong and stir your mash with an oversized toy.

So do you make your starters in a bong and stir your mash with an oversized toy.[/quote]
:lol: No, but it was a fun shop to visit.

Luckily I have a decent LHBS within 25 miles of me now. And they mainly sell only brewing and winemaking supplies.

mine is northern brewer and midwest supplies

Tri State was my first homebrew shop! Sounds like it has improved a lot since I was there, when we had to walk uphill in the snow, both ways.[/quote]

ha, yeah it’s still uphill, there’s just traffic lights to assist in street crossings :lol: Were you in Moscow or one of their other locations?[/quote]

I was indeed in moscow, those traffic lights are for sissys. :wink: saw in another thread that you work at the alehouse, is CDA brewing going at all anymore? I had heard they moved out not long after i moved outta town and havnt heard much about the business that replaced it.

There is a place a few blocks from mt called Brew and Grow where half the store is beer and half has “Growing” supplies I think I know what a few of the wrokers grow…

For some reason they get nervous when I pull up in from of their store as I drive a retired 2004 Crown Vic police cruiser. They are visibly releived when I explain I bought the car at a police auction and am not a cop. LOL Cheers!

+1, they started the Brew Hut homebrew shop first, then added the brewery over the years. I’m sure having the customers drink a pint or 2 while shopping doesn’t hurt their sales![quote=“Hoppenheimer”]For anyone who lives in Denver/Aurora, CO (better known these days as the place that homicidal maniac shot up during The Dark Knight Rises premier) there is Dry Dock Brewery. I was fortunate to visit this place while visiting my girlfriend’s parents and they had a drool-worthy supply store literally attached to their tap house. I want very badly to be near a place like that.[/quote]

Mine started out as pretty much exclusively homebrewing, from what I recall, but expanded into winemaking, a little bit of distilling material and literature for a while, and most recently cheese-making!

It’s not perfect, but it’s a freaking great resource to have within a 5-10 minute drive…

http://stores.mdhb.com/StoreFront.bok

That makes sense… brew your beer and grow your bud… :wink: [/quote]

Somebody gave me a gift certificate to a shop like that. Brewing was definitely secondary there.
I was nervous all the way home wondering if the DEA had copied down my license plate number in the parking lot…

My regular shop is a dedicated beer & wine brew supply. They recently added some distilling equipment. Not for distilling spirits, you know.

Mine is Rebel Brewer so its a dedicated shop. Although Tom does do some embroidery stuff in another part of the building that’s not part of the shop/warehouse. There is another shop in town that sells garden stuff, big hydro setups, and paint.

Hey dobe12—just curious…where in NJ is this market building you speak of?
I’d be curious to check it out.

Here in Central PA we have an awesome spot called Mr. Steve’s Homebrew and Wine Supplies. This guy has a boat load of knowledge in both categories as well as cheese and bread making. He even offers free classes to help get you started! Check out mrsteves.com for more info

Here in Cheyenne, we have Depot Street Merchants. I’d say his store to 50% beer steins and 50% brew stuff. So, I always enjoy looking at all the steins whenever I go in for beer supplies.

@ RobotNinja: yeah, they had some complications (CDA Brewery) with their lease and were evicted/moved out (I never really got the full story) in 2010 when I was working there in Moscow. Since then the restaurant has become a local taphouse known as The Alehouse. We rotate awesome micros for ridiculously cheap prices (4.25 a pint is as bad as it gets and on Tuesdays we tap two kegs for 1.50 pint and 5.00 pitcher until they run out). We still do the CDA Mug Club which allows members to keep their own mug stored at the restaurant and they get 22 oz. of whatever beer they want in it for .50 cheaper than the pints. We also do featured breweries (recently full sail about to do grand teton, have featured Rogue, Ninkasi, Pyramid, Deschutes, Alaskan, Odell, and many more with more to come). I would recommend it for anyone who loves micros and homebrewing, because practically everyone that works here loves to BS about beer. Tell them to ask for Tyler if he’s serving :smiley:

Awesome, glad to know the scene is still kickin in a land dominated by keystone. Too bad about CDA but unfortunately they only had about 2 good beers out of the portfolio. Glad to hear tap a keg tues is still rockin, and even better now that it has some variation besides something good and a keg of huckleberry or wheat. Even better is that my real name is Tyler too BOOYAH!

Pretty boring over this way, there are probably only a half dozen “real” beer/winemaking shops in the country, though I don’t think any of them are as big or well stocked as the typical one in the states. On the other hand, almost every supermarket has a tiny section with buckets, hydrometers, bottle caps, corks, “wine sugar”, acid blend, “beer yeast”, “wine yeast”, and a few very old cans of Coopers extract kits.

Well I can’t fault your parents for knowing a good name when they think about it. And yeah, tap-a-keg has had some insane beers for that cheap (Ninkasi Total Domination and Double Red Believer come to mind, among others)