Yeast harvest gone wrong

I’m re-reading “the book” again… Once I find it… I’ll post the page… (Geez I hope I didn’t read something wrong)… :roll_eyes:
Sneezles61

I have read and heard the same Sneezles. Lots of debate on the subject if you search.

1 Like

I’m not a fast reader…BUT… there are a few things that didn’t stick when I read through it before… Good time to read again… :grin:
Sneezles61

Squeegee, I was re-reading this thread since I’m planning on giving harvesting another try. After seeing this again after several years, I wanted to commend you for a really great response. Having researched my issue some more, your advice here is just basic common sense and quite logical. Thanks.

Squeegee, I was re-reading this thread since I’m planning on giving harvesting another try. After seeing this again after several years, I wanted to commend you for a really great response. Having researched my issue some more, your advice here is just basic common sense and quite logical. Thanks.

@squeegeethree always gives sound advice. After all he learned quite a bit from this forum… :joy:
But is that easy. Leave some beer on it, get it into a mason jar, and put it in the fridge. I use Saran Wrap with a rubber band so if it off gasses, develops an infection and produces CO2 there’s some safety precaution. Additionally, I like to save some slurry from first fermentation and after settling (‘secondary’) and mix them before repitching. This way I’m getting yeast that settles quickly as well as some that stick around to finish their job.

Ditto on your sage advice as well loopie. I have a penchant for overthinking stuff and need an occasional succinct reply.

What’s also nice is I can write with a sharpie on the Saran Wrap with the type, generation, and date harvested.