What's your favorite fall brew that has an ABV of 5-6% or le

[quote=“Thirstyone”]
+1 Just finished my first 6 pack of Kostrizer Scwartzbier. Damn good stuff & probably a forgiving style to brew. :cheers: [/quote]

More forgiving than a pilsner, but not nearly as forgiving as an ale. A good schwarz is all about subtlety, which means gargantuan pitches of healthy yeast, precise temp control, and lots of lagering…

Just FYI on a point of semantics. Many people do make a distiction between Scotish ales, such as the 60s/ 70s etc mentioned here, and a “Scotch” ale that would tend to be higher grvity with a similar but somewhat independant profile.

Just mention this if you try looking them up and only find the higher gravity ones listed under Scotch Ale.

I’ve got a 1.042 Porter in the final stages of primary as I write this.
It’s one of my long time favorite standard brews…not too heavy, not too strong (and not served too cold).
I should be enjoying some by the end of the month. :smiley:

Yeah, go for a Scottish 60 or 70/-. That’s a real winner.

Anybody tried Palmer’s Elevenses yet? That’s an oaked mild with a hint of smokiness, from the description.

Can’t go wrong with Waldo Lake Amber either. I’m having one right now. Satisfying. :cheers:

I really like a nice American Brown Ale in the fall.

[quote=“El Capitan”]Yeah, go for a Scottish 60 or 70/-. That’s a real winner.

Anybody tried Palmer’s Elevenses yet? That’s an oaked mild with a hint of smokiness, from the description.

Can’t go wrong with Waldo Lake Amber either. I’m having one right now. Satisfying. :cheers: [/quote]

I have Palmer’s Elevenses in primary right now. When i picked up ingredients, NB was out of the English Brown, so i through caution to the wind & subbed 1/2 lb. of Crisp Amber. Not sure how close that’ll be, but damn it smelled & looked awesome! Now it’s an English Amber i guess. Gonna do a porter next. Great fall beer. :cheers: