What’s Brewin’?

Caribou Slobber tomorrow. I’m liking doing kit beers.

Chopped up some dry figs and soaked them in some Belize rum and tossed them in my fermenter after 5 days. Hanging out today plowing and watching Army Navy. Going to try to get something going tomorrow maybe a stien beer if I can find a stone buried in the snow

Making a melomel today :slight_smile:

And I have now learned something new. :sunglasses:

I was a scratch… never mind… :confounded: Sneezles61

Got the grains crushed hopefully I’ll sneak it in tomorrow. Only a 3 gallon so can do most of it inside watching the games. How about Army.

Did yesterday at BREWERY a amber ale. This. Would. Be last. One. For. 6 weeks

I missed that game… That has got to be one of the highest energy games ever! The crowds, the players… WHEW, even I get exhausted watching… Sneezles61

Not to mention playing in the snow with army wearing all white in honor of 10th mountain. It gave them the edge. Check out the highlights

1 Like

Got one of those new stainless anvil brew buckets…I peeled and sectioned 2 oranges…added 8 pounds of honey and enough water to make 3.3 gallons…she bubbling this morning :blush:

^^^ curious how you like your new bucket? Sneezles61

Its cute as hell :grinning: seems to be working well too.

2 Likes

Caribou Slobber brewed yesterday is bubbling away rapid fire with Kveik yeast and warm temps. Second generation for it with a starter.

My twist on the instructions. Boiled the hops for recommended Goldings 60, Liberty 45 and Willamette 15 plus 1 lb. sugar. Shut off heat and add extract stirring until dissolved. Checked temp to make sure still over 170°. Done. Cool in an old fashion ice bath and top up with drinking water safe garden hose that adds a tremendous amount of O2.

I have used this method twice so far with kits. One last winter I had to about chug to get my half since my wife liked it so much and she drinks Lite or vodka.

1 Like

That is the before pic. :grinning:

Brewing a saison with the new BE134 dry yeast…lhbs guy told me about a post from mr brungard about rehydrating dry yeast in distilled water that has just epsom salt added to it…gonna give that a whirl :grinning:

1 Like

I’m on the fence betwixt that one and SS brewtech… Yours is out of stock, and the other is 45% more… Decisions… Sneezles61

Nice kettle is it induction capable? That’s one thing i always look at when buying a kettle that why I like Ss brew tech. Didn’t see anything on anvil site saying it was.

Its just a stainless bucket.

My bad looked like kettle

Its just going to be better than some of the glass/plastic stuff. No racking cane… which breaks… Pressurized transfer… Its just like the big shooters… but, at home!! Sneezles61

1 Like

Bumping this thread… Looking ahead to some time off next week, I’ve got some kind of American IPA in the works, plus a Ballantine IPA clone and a recreation of 1967 EP Hardy ale. Might be a bit of a stretch to get all three done next week, but you’ve got to have goals!

1 Like