What did you cook today?

The crock has a water sealing ring at the top that is sort of like a bubbler. I’m fortunate that there is an amazing Korean grocery walking distance from my house. The recipe is super easy and does not have to be spicy.

I don’t have a picture because I tossed it in the woods but the other day I made a bread and as an experiment I subbed hoppy yeast slurry in for sourdough yeast. The bread looked and smelled nice but had a bitter after taste. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess since the hop material is heated another hour. It got me thinking about using yeast slurry in beer. Could I be adding more IBU to the product. Never came across anyone studying that or mentioning it. I know breweries repitch. What say you people

Probably should have posted this separately, sorry

I believe Denny had some conversation about his…
Myself, I don’t worry… I enjoy more hops in my brews… If I want less… I’ll get some mass produced stuff where they tie a cone on a string and swing it above the kettle 3 times before they pull it and call it a day!! :joy:
Sneezles61

Chili day!

:beers:
Rad

6 Likes

Put a can of stout in there?
Sneezles61

Yessir, my go to is Oskar Blues Ten Fidy for Chili. This is the base, I’ll cut it in half after lunch and put the family’s half in the crock pot, then add a bunch more peppers and beans for mine.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

The first buttercup squash from this years garden is going into the oven very soon!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

Ryed Pils… Squash… Roast beast… OMG…
Sneezles61

3 Likes

I’m devoting this fall and winter to upping my skill at making curry from scratch. Just like fresh hops fresh spice really make a difference. I went to one of my favorite spice stores to stock up. I have a new spice grinder that I’m goin to be putting to good use.

1 Like

The one without a label is mace

1 Like

looks tasty!

Hearty breakfast for voting day. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My breakfast is a little messy, but really tasty

3 Likes

Lacto-Fermenting fresh chili paste day 7.

2 Likes

^^^😵^^^^^^
Sneezles61

Not a pepper fan I take it. What’s nice about the paste is that once you make it it never goes bad and the dose of heat remains consistent. Salsas, guacamole, curries, whatever… yum

1 Like

Venison tenderloin dredged in flour, salt, pepper and fried in butter with green beans and baked potato. Yum!

5 Likes

Guacamole!!! WHAT? hmmm…but does it turn brown?