Vacuum Sealer Recommendation

@squeegeethree, this was my first foray into vacuum sealing so I have not tried the vacuum containers. I will probably get one of the counter-top units and do as @dannyboy58 does and reuse the bags by cutting off and resealing.

I cut mine long and the reuse as I go along as well. I also try to position the bottom seal of the bag as close to the edge as I can. Really more of a victory in principle than anything.

I must have like the very first one… Brining in the bag becomes a problem… The liquid does get into the vacuum gizmo and it won’t work for us… We’ve come to freeze in a container… Then transfer into the bag… Then it works… Dry stuff was never a problem…
Sneezles61

I’ve use FoodSavers for years. Buying hops by the pound will save a lot of cash.
The trick for brining in them is to fold paper towels and stick them just before the seal. They will absorb the liquid before it gets to the vacuum channel.

2 Likes

I use VAC-VIDA vacuum sealer, that’s pretty easy to use and the only complaint is that it takes a little more place than I expected.

1 Like