Time off from hobbies

That’s a lot of batches. I hope those are either smaller batches or you’re giving a lot of it away!

I’ve been considering going back to bottling and brewing 2.5 gallon batches (so I can brew MORE!) just because it’s simple, cheap, and easy to maintain. But, I’ve already got all the kegging stuff and a sweet kegerator with a very nice collar that my stepdad made for me…

I started this hobby with my dad and brother 2 years ago to the day just about. We’ve gone from mediocre somewhat drinkable 5 gallant extract kits to amazing store bought quality all grain 10 gallon custom recipes.

Having others to brew and drink with makes it so much more fun. I’d probably still brew if it was just me, but not nearly as often as I do now.

I type this as am putting the water additions together for our brew day tomorrow…

[quote=“stompwampa”]I started this hobby with my dad and brother 2 years ago to the day just about. We’ve gone from mediocre somewhat drinkable 5 gallant extract kits to amazing store bought quality all grain 10 gallon custom recipes.

Having others to brew and drink with makes it so much more fun. I’d probably still brew if it was just me, but not nearly as often as I do now.

I type this as am putting the water additions together for our brew day tomorrow…[/quote]
That sounds awesome, man. I wish I had that kind of bond with my dad. Although I got him into brewing with a brewing kit earlier this year, we haven’t done too much brewing together.

Just want to say thanks for all of the replies and insights. I have been compelled to do some serious cleanups and cleanouts now, in order to get this train going again. I have made some really great beers in the past, but as Dave pointed to, having SO MUCH around is probably what disheartened me the most. Need to keep volume in check. On the positive side, I have a Bohemian pilsner that has been lagering at 34 degrees for many months; going to keg it and see what happens! :mrgreen: