NEW YEARS DAY HOMEBREW LOTTERY - Drawing Dec 16th 2011

If it wasn’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all. Even so, my love for beer persuades me. Hope whoever wins enjoys my beers! I’m in!
:cheers:

I’m in, my family all gets together for new years every year, and we drink beer, and play board games all night.
If I actually won this, the look on my family’s faces would be priceless. posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=106270#

I must ask, why no shipping USPS?

Shipping by usps and getting caught is a federal crime, also they specifically ask if you are shipping anything under pressure, alcoholic, perishable, and potential dangerous. Alcohol apparently falls under all of the above, i am not saying you can’t ship it USPS i have done it… on accident without knowing. Trust me just don’t ship using USPS the consequences can be quite bad, ship UPS or FedEx and when they ask what is inside say it is yeast samples or just tell them that it is something THAT IS NOT BEER/WINE/UNDER PRESSURE. I have told my UPS store that i am sending glass figurines, yeast sample, crafted art, and others, technically i do not see it as lying as i am telling them what part of it is.

you dont have to tell them a thing on what you are shipping, just use fedex or ups.

for packaging put each bottle in its own zip lock baggie so if one does happen to break it will contain the liquid.
Wrap in bubble wrap, layer box it bubble wrap. I have never had a issue with something breaking if you take time to do it well. I have sent everything from 12oz to 64oz growlers with no issues

Crazy, I had no idea you couldn’t ship beer. Is that some kinda law, or something with USPS?
ILL just use UPS then.
Thanks for the heads up.

[quote=“avoll”]Crazy, I had no idea you couldn’t ship beer. Is that some kinda law, or something with USPS?
ILL just use UPS then.
Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Pretty sure it is illegal to transport alcohol across most state lines

I am in and just before the cutoff…

And the winner is:

Scott Miller

Looks like you should be receiving a minimum of 72 beers. We had 35 entrants in the lottery and 2 others have agreed to send a couple brews to the winner.

The next lottery will be the 2012 Independance Day Homebrew Lottery

Wow!! I never win anything good let alone the best thing ever, BEER!
Finally my years of giving free bad advice and even worse ideas has paid off!
I had already picked out the brews that I was going to send and was looking forward to it,
But this is obviously much, much better.
Finally, after years of brewing, I’m going to find out what good homebrew tastes like! :smiley:

I’ll do my best to get together some tasting notes of the beers, and snap some pics.
Then put together a review thread of the beers brewed by you guys.
Excited to find out what everybody has been brewing.

Thanks Greg, for doing these raffles. I’ll definately be on the sending list for the independance day raffle.
:shock: <---- Scott ( can’t believe he won! )

Congrats Scott! How do we know where to ship your beer? You can PM me.

Thanks Rifester! I’m going to pour a glass of something and start PM ing!

Major CONGRATS!!!

72 BEERS MAN!!! AWESOME!!

Scott,

Your package is wrapped and will be shipped tomorrow!

–Rifester

Do we need to be concerned with freezing if I’m shipping in glass bottles? I’m thinking with all the packaging and being inside a box they should be ok, but wanted to see what the general thought is. Thanks!

[quote=“Chester3”]Do we need to be concerned with freezing if I’m shipping in glass bottles? I’m thinking with all the packaging and being inside a box they should be ok, but wanted to see what the general thought is. Thanks!
:cheers: [/quote]
Those Michigan guys are tough. Scott will just brush the broken glass aside and start enjoying his “beercicle.”

Congrats Scott, I sent you a pm with some worldly advice. Welcome to the homebrew lottery winner club.

Thanks for the congrats and the advice,
Been trying to keep up with all the PMs I’m getting.
And the weather here has been unseasonly warm,
So for the near future there’s not any threat of frozen beer.
Hell yes I would eat a beercicle if it came to that!

Shipped a bottle conditioned “Innkeeper” and my version of Great Lakes Christmas Ale today. Let me know what you think!

Mike B