NB bought by AB/InBev?

My only issue is that AB InBev didn’t buy out Northern Brewer/Midwest Supplies to benefit homebrewers.

1 Like

It’s all good. :grin:

cheers,
AL

1 Like

It looks like one of the breweries that had the pro-series kits is pulling them:

1 Like

@uberculture thanks for posting that.

1 Like

Yes, thank you Uberculture. I can, indeed, raise a pint in prost! Sneezles61

1 Like

I just tapped the day tripper kit I made a few weeks back and it’s delicious. Went to order another and noticed it gone. I was guessing indeed pulled it. Good for them sticking to there roots.

2 Likes

What I find frustrating is the guy who choose to sell NB to InBev and didn’t have the strength of character to warn, explain, or listen to the community of homebrewers who supported and helped his business grown. We all have mixed feelings on how react or wait to see what happens to our community center and supplier, but I can’t over look the guy who sold out for money. Regardless of how he wants to justify or spin it, it was about profit for him otherwise there would have been a lot more communication from NB to explain how they would ensure there was no change or what the benefit really is. These aren’t the actions of an honest person and I find the integrity of his character lacking.

2 Likes

Welcome to capitalism.

2 Likes

We may not like it but this is the way it works. Yo help build a business with support and ferry them o their way. Now you can choose to continue to support them or pick a new horse. I usually change venders as soon as they start having fancy colorful web sites. I haven’t bought anything from NB in years. Amazon is never my first choice either

It’s not a guy who sold, it’s a corporation.

4 Likes

Could not open the recipy page

http://www.indeedbrewing.com/our-beer/recipes

Does the direct link work? It’s opening for me…

1 Like

Now it did work damm the recipys lots of hop addition 12 kind of hops

Only 4 kinds of hops.

Thanks for posting this link. Probably would have taken quite awhile before I found since it wasn’t on the site home page or posted to the forum.

I have thought about the change in ownership for some time now. I decided I won’t be giving up on Northern Brewer. I’ve been using their quality products and enjoying the great customer service for too many years.

1 Like

Yes what i mean the hops during the session indeed four kind of hops but you do add lots of these hops while brewing day tripper

So from reading Chris Farleys memo, I will, hang around, yet with a pessimistic eye on the pink elephant in the room. Sneezles61

Actually place a order of hops to brew day tripper soon will be end of dec got to brew first the spiced ale week later the cherrie beer . Right now mini mash going on should be 20 min more i add to the brew kettle

I’ve never made the kit, but Day Tripper is a solid IPA. If it comes out like the commercial beer, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.