Just tasted my first brew, 36 oz of it

I keep incrementally moving down the rabbit hole: Fermenters, secondaries, kegs, more more more… LOL:fearful:

Yep. Deep rabbit hole. Just sprung for a chest freezer to hold all the kegs I’m accumulating(early Valentines day gift from SWMBO):grin:
8.7 cubic foot from Lowe’s.

Found out today that i can fit 4 kegs in my chest freezer :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Haha. SWMBO already regrets buying me the “B.S.E.” starter kit kit for Christmas. I’ve only brewed 1 and bought 2 more extract kits so far. If only she knew what’s on my gear wish list… my father in law and I have already been through a case of my first brew however so he can help me convince her every purchase is crucially necessary…

1 Like

Four keg capacity was what I was looking for also. I have a 4x manifold, but presently have just 3 kegs…soon to expand on that
7 cu ft seems to be the breakpoint for 4 kegs, but I went slightly larger as Lowes had knocked 120 bucks off of this model. I was able to cram it into my SUV so I didn’t have to pay for delivery.
Only dicey part was the height as I don’t have a collar on it obviously…it just does clear the kegs with lines attached.

I only have one keg and just came to my senses that one just won’t do. How can I continue to drink great beer when I have to wait for it to carb. What on earth was I thinking to begin with.

2 Likes

I was looking at getting one keg set up. I guess I’ll wait until I can swing 2 keg set up.

I just bought a second cannonball thinking I could force carbonate both and have two on tap. Saturday I walked into my LHBS for an oz. of Centennial and walked out with three 5 gallon kegs and some other stuff. I’m thinking if I have a house brew plus the wife’s I can keg condition using the other one. I’m thinking I can use the cannonballs for high gravity beers anyway.

I think I can find more information in this thread.