Johnson Temp Controllers

That arrow is pointing to the one on a Criteria model… As you can see, that plastic mounting panel was no match for me! I’m still waiting for a final adjustments… maybe take a couple of days to tweak it!
Now I’ll use the Johnson controller on the new littler used freezer I got… I can ferment cool, then cold crash, in one container… again! Sneezles61

So an update… Its working just fine… And no, I haven’t put the guts back into it… I still gotta make a new face plate… I did get silicone to glue the new one on though… Sneezles61

It appears that I am guilty of improperly maligning my Johnson Controller. I put a docooler controller on the upright freezer a few days ago and it’s worked fine until today when I noticed its doing the same thing the Johnson was. Displaying 54 degrees and the freezer sounds like it’s cutting on occasionally but never cooling down.

SO, I guess the old freezer is the issue and not the controller.

I had a fermentation freezer like that once. Sometimes it worked others it didn’t. And like yours, would work for a bit longer after having it unplugged. One thing I started doing when I used ferm chambers was once I started having problems and there was no beer fermenting I would unplug the controller and operate it like a traditional freezer. If it worked I would know it was a controller issue, if it didn’t work I knew it was the freezer.

Yep, tried that. worked fine overnight off the controller so I was convinced it was the controller. Apparently my freezer issue is intermittent.

This sounds stupid. But once me ready with brewing area. Gonna build a new. Kegurator. Now my question. When i use. The johnson temp controller. Or. A other brand. Do i leave the knop on zero of the freezer and let the temp controller run the kegurator temp control

You turn the ffeezer to the coldest setting. Then the controller determines when the compressor comes on.

Thanks. Me love my cocacola bottle machine. Perfect. Fits 4 kegs. Temp controller on outside. Easy to set the temp. But its a older machine eats power. Power bill 150 per month more. So wife says got to buy a new cooler. A eco friendly one. My next project

My freezer has finally given up the ghost. Spent an hour or so searching for a deal and finally decided to check out craigslist. Found an appliance store in a nearby town selling a brand new frigidaire 17.8 cu ft upright with 1 year warranty for $399, $95 delivery and haul off the old one.

Done! I should have a new freezer tomorrow!

How many years did you get out of it?

It’s a Kenmore that I purchased right after we moved into our current home so almost 22 years. Not bad huh?

It’s been threatening to go for 2 years now. I kept thinking it was an issue with the controllers at first but confirmed it’s the freezer when it failed to cool plugged directly to an outlet.

A few times in the past when it stopped cooling I could unplug it for a few minutes and it would work when plugged back in, or it would just begin to work again after a day or so… It’s been 4 days now with a couple hard reset attempts…no luck.

So, as painful as it is to spend $500, I’ve been anticipating this for a while.

Sometimes you have to cry a little… It’ll be OK… Now you’ll 22 more years of bliss in front of you! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Edit:

Moved this to a new topic post